Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Better late than never!

I am not a big supporter of Halloween, but the kids don't understand the bad side of it yet and I am not ready to explain it to them yet. Every year in the past we have gone to the church for Hallelujah night, but this year my friend had her daughter's birthday party that night. So the kids wanted to dress up and go to that and we did. A few weeks before Halloween Popsy and Mimi had bought the kids mini pumpkins so when they came home from school Friday, we let them carve them.










Then on they way to the party we stopped by Target and I let them pick out a costume. There weren't many choices in their sizes, but they did each find something.




At the party one of the things they did was go trick or treating in our friends neighborhood. This was the first time ever my kids got to do this and they were very excited about it, until I ruined their evening by telling them I needed to check their candy before they ate it and they wanted to know why so I explained that sometimes their are bad people in this world who try to harm others and might put something in the candy. My kids couldn't understand why someone would want to do that and so they didn't want to go to anymore houses after that or even eat the candy. They still had a good time at the party as Beckie knows how to throw great parties.


No comments: