Friday, May 1, 2009

Frontier Day and more!

After all the rain, most of my garden has been wiped out. All that is left is some of my pepper plants and tomato plants. The tomatoes are doing good and already have some green tomatoes on it.







The Bonnie plant company gave all 3rd graders at our school a free cabbage plant to grow. Here is JT's, it is still hanging in there too.


Last Saturday was Frontiers day. They have a parade and the kids were invited to ride on 2 floats. They decided to ride with the swim team. The swim team float turned out awesome and won grand prize (I think).
Tori (my niece) made cheerleader for next year when she goes to high school, so they were asked to ride on the high school cheerleaders float. They did a western theme:





Here are Emily, JT and Dylan getting ready to leave and throw their candy:

This is some of the float. I didn't help decorate it (we had a baseball game the night they did most of it), but the ones who did, did an awesome job. We are the gators so they made it like a swamp theme:



I decided I would walk along the float and hand out some fliers for the swim team and JT said he wanted to walk too, he did walk the whole thing and never complained one time.



Dylan and Emily rode on the float and threw out candy.




Aunt Susan and Uncle Hank watching the parade:

Monday my niece Tori turned 14. She decided she wanted to have her birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. My kids were excited.






JT was trying to figure out the mechanical Chuck E., it was funny!


Here is my niece with my sister and my brother in law, it would have been a better picture had we moved the balloons.
We are going into another busy weekend (surprise, surprise!) so I am sure I will have more to share soon. Have a safe and blessed weekend!

No comments: