Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dirt!





What is it about mud or sand that kids just gravitate to it? I don't know, but my kids had a blast this weekend playing in the fresh dirt hill that Mimi and Popsy got. They would climb it, dig in it and fill the wheel barrel up and dump it out.
It was a beautiful weekend so we spent pretty much all weekend outside. After playing in the sand again today they got the water hose out on the trampoline and played with their cousins Cassie and Tori and then they moved the sprinkler to the swing set and played in the water. Then they went over to my sisters house behind us and played in the mud with Tori. They were covered head to toe in mud. If I hadn't been so busy trying to clean them up I would have gotten a picture. It was bad though.
Friday was an eventful day too. My sister Susan called me early that morning to tell me she had taken her son Hank to the hospital. She thought he might have appendicitis. Tori (her daughter) had it back in 2002. Sure enough he did. They had to remove his appendix Friday evening. He is doing better now, just in a little pain and he is already home.
Now time to get ready for another busy week of ball practice and games. Hope everyone has a blessed week!

3 comments:

The Norman Family said...

I hope that Hank is feeling better!

And love the dirt pile! David would have had a hay day in that!

stephanie T said...

glad hank is okay- and what is the dirt for? too cute

Cassie said...

So glad Hank is doing better.

the kids look like they were having a BLAST!!!

And it's just the beginning with the warmer weather....