Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Too cold!!!

At least that is what I tried to tell Todd and JT Sunday morning as they started packing up to go crabbing. For those who know JT well, then you know how much he loves to fish, crab, or anything that takes him to the water. We had a pretty nice Saturday and JT started begging to go crabbing so Todd told him if it didn't rain Sunday we would go, next time I am going to make him say if it doesn't rain and it is warm, because it wasn't raining Sunday so JT said we promised him we would go, I said its too cold, but daddy said it would be alright.





So we tried to go to East Beach were we normally crab, but there wasn't any water so we decided to ride the ferry over to the Bolivar peninsula. It was cold, but the kids were having fun.












We got set up on a boating dock on the beach were I grew up going to with some friends when I was a kid. Here is Emily checking her crabbing basket, nothing there!








Here is JT checking his crabbing basket, nothing there either.















Dylan checking his crabbing basket, nothing there either. Seemed to be the theme for the day.












I don't know if seagulls have noses, but when the kids decide to take a break and eat a snack, those birds kept getting closer and closer to us, as if they knew we had food.










This was the only crab we caught. The kids had fun, but we had to throw him back. Todd did take out the casting net and threw it in a few times. He did catch one little baby shrimp, a few small fish and one big mullet.








In order to try to keep warm I took Dylan and Emily for a walk down the beach and they had some type of drainage go right down the middle of the beach, we had to jump over this little cut out.


















We walked down to the end of the beach and there was the little house that I use to stay at (still there after all these years) when I would go with some friends of mine. Still looks pretty much the same.


Why it wasn't a successful crabbing trip, the kids had fun and that is all that matters. My big kid (Todd) had fun feeding the seagulls on the ferry ride back across. They were eating goldfish crackers right out of his hands. I had fun, until while standing there taking pictures of Todd feeding the seagulls he started throwing the goldfish crackers towards me trying to get them to swarm me. I should have been prepared for it. We will have to wait til it warms up to try again. Maybe next time we will catch enough to make crab gumbo, I know Todd was disappointed he didn't get any this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww.... val thats no fair i wanna go!!!!
you wanna know why u didnt catch anything... huh huh... i will tell u
i wasnt there
lol todd threw goldfish at u
haha