Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hello again!

Ok, I am back with a lot to share. I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day. I did. We started at an early lunch at Pappasitos with Todd side of the family. Here is a picture of me and the kids before lunch:
And then one of Todd and I and the kids after lunch:

After lunch we went to my sister Susan's to spend time with my family. We got a nice game of kick ball going:

It was a great day!

JT has been working for the last few weeks on his science fair project. Is it just me or does school seem to get harder earlier on. I don't remember doing science fair projects until probably junior high. Not 2nd grade. He did his on a wind mill. He had to make a 3D model. He did a great job and ended up getting a 105 on his project, but didn't finish in the top 3 for his class.

With the end of the school year getting close JT's class had their field trip. They went to the Houston Arboretum. I had never heard of it, but it is a nature center. They have trails you can hike around. It was very pretty and it is free. You can make a donation, but its free, if you have time and you like nature things check it out. They learned alot about fungi and other things. We had fun!

The kids had seen the commercial for that skimboard slipnslide thing and wanted it. So we let them get it and they got it out last Saturday. They had fun trying to do it, but it isn't easy. My brother in law got on it and slipped and landed on his shoulder, he hurt himself pretty bad! The kids fall alot, but never got hurt. My nephew Hank could do it pretty good!

Now that baseball is over JT begged to do the swim team. We have never done this before so it has been a new adventure. Dylan is doing it too. I think it is a little harder than either of them thought it would be. They swim for a hour everyday and have swim meets on Saturdays. They had a practice meet or what they call a splash meet today. They did pretty good. They were all so cute.

Here is Dylan getting ready for the 25 yard backstroke:

Here he is swimming the 25 yard backstroke:

Here is JT getting ready for the 25 yard backstroke:

Here is Dylan on the starting block for the 25 yard freestyle:

Here Dylan is swimming the 25 yard freestyle:

Here is JT on the starting block for the 25 yard freestyle:

Here JT is swimming the 25 yard freestyle:

Next Saturday starts the regular season!

So school is almost over and I can't wait. Just remind me of this when it gets to August and I am saying "Isn't school going to start soon?"

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed Memorial weekend!

2 comments:

The Norman Family said...

You guys have been busy! But then again, you always are! lol I love your hair in the pics of you with the kids. It looks great!

Valarie said...

Thanks, Todd loves it when I fix my hair that way, I like it too, but just don't have time to do it all the time!