Sunday, September 14, 2008

You might be a red neck if.....

I came home and I still don't have phone service, but for some reason our internet works, must be because it is on a different line. Anyways...here are some after pictures, you might be a red neck if after a hurricane you use a tractor to give the kids a ride in a john boat. This was at my sisters house, my nephew Hank gave the kids a ride. She didn't get any water near her house, but her front property got a lot and the kids had so much fun playing in it. JT caught catfish and one perch and some crawdads in it.




You might be a red neck if after a hurricane you have no power so you have to bathe your muddy kids in your pool. As it started getting dark we pulled the kids in and rinsed them off in the pool. Here are the boys standing in their pjs waiting for us to come get them so they didn't have to walk back through the muddy yard.


Here is the front of the house after the storm. We didn't sustain too much damage. We did lose a lot of shingles.

This is a cottonwood tree that fell at Todds grandparents house (they live across from us) This is the side of our house, you can see were some of the shingles blew off over my kitchen and if you look towards the front is were they blew off and caused it it leak in my dining room. Todd got up and put plastic over our roof in case of rain until we can get more shingles to fix our roof.
All in all we fared well as compared to the rest of town. I am truly grateful. I pray everyone else is well and safe. Check in with me if you are from around here by commenting or emailing me so I know how you are doing!

No comments: