Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We have a butterfly!

When JT came home from school today, he went to his room to check on his cocoons. Well to his surprise one had come out as a butterfly. He was so excited. Now lets see how many more of the other 4 make it. They guarantee at least 3 will.




So we mixed up some sugar water and soaked a napkin in it (seeing as we didn't have any flowers to drop the sugar water on) and I set it in a little plastic saucer and went to stick it in the housing and after I put it in I asked JT what happened to the butterfly, we couldn't find it, well I started looking and then I see it underneath the little saucer I had placed in there, oops! JT was so mad saying I killed it, but once I moved the saucer it flew away. It is still flying around now, good thing, JT would have been so mad at me!

No comments: