Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bayou Wildlife Park

We asked the kids what was something that they wanted to do before school starts, well JT said he wanted to go here. I had been once with my nephew Justin before I had kids and had fun so I thought it was a great idea and it was. We had so much fun. It is really neat (and a little scary at times) being so close to these animals. JT, our animal lover, was all over this. Emily was very scared and would scream almost everytime a new animal would walk up and stick his head in the cart. If you have never been it is a must that you go. You take a guided tram tour of the 80+ acres with all kinds of animals and you have buckets of food to feed them. Here are a few of the pictures I took, I made them small because I put so many, but you can just click on them if you want to enlarge them. As soon as you pull into the park you have to drive your car through so of the animals. This Emu (I think that is what it is) walked up to our car and was looking for the the food:


You have to drive to the back before getting out of your car and they have a sitting area were you wait for the tram and have picnic tables so you can bring your lunch and a petting zoo too.


Here are the kids as we got ready for the ride.


JT feeding a camel:
This was a water buffalo

The zebra's wouldn't come all the way up so we didn't get to feed them, but they are beautiful!



Todd feeding a Texas Longhorn: It was fun and something we will do again. Next time I think we will try it when it is a little cooler though!

1 comment:

stephanie T said...

i really want to go there, but i am pretty sure jacob would be terrified! so i am waiting a few years...